Donnerstag, 25. September 2008

work impressions

so, i finally I started to work in my fixed job. I give english and computer courses to the little kiddos and play with them and talk to them about their problems. the are so greatful. Seriously, and once they can pronounce a phrase correctly, they look me into the eyes, so greatfully and happy that i could without hesitation start to cry.
one very moving moment was when a guy, his name is orly, 16 told me his story. His mother died of AIDS when he was 6 and his father was a drug junkie and drug trafficant and was killed in mexico when he was 9. No mother, no brother, no father. None with 8. Then he got caught by the INFA, they are responsible for kids under 12, and there he got abused, hit and he even showed me his scars. Incredible. And today when I walked into the Residence, he came running to me, hugged me and said> Lucia, eres mi educadora preferida de Casa Alianza. meaning .. lucia you re my favourite educator from casa alianza. so cute... seriously... all of them have their own destinies... and their destinies where everything but easy and still, they are filled with hope and love at the same time. Incredible these kids.
Yesterday, we started to prepare the anniversary of the CASA Alianza and most of the kids trained a preformance for dance, singing and some of them are little artists, who really know how to paint. They will have an exposition... acutally its open house... where people from the streets can enter.. .and observe how we work and how everything works. So while we were preparing some of the boys, .... they are garifunas, meaning from the north coast... mostly africans... so 2 boys started to play the bongos and the rest of us, we were standing in a circle, watching and one after one, they went to the center of the cirlce and started to dance punta.... this is the traditional dance of the garifunas, which looks awesome... seriously... moving their entire bodies.. extremly awesome... what an experience... hoho.. hehe... yeah... nice nice nice...

so this is a little outcut of my daily life here....

Keine Kommentare: